The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM Vented Hood Question

GVR4ZUM

This probably has been discussed before but I couldn't find anything when I was searching.
Do you guys take out the cover on the vents and cut out a piece of the insulation? Otherwise I'm thinking its really not a functional hood if you don't take them out? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
I'd like to see some pics also please if you have them.
Thank you.

acidrumz

On the actual jdm rs hood, the insulator has slots cut into it for the heat to escape.

GSX_TC

^^

What he said. There are factory slots in the material, no need to remove.

turbowop

I removed the insulation because it was over 20 years old and looked like sh*t, but yes, there are holes in it from the factory.

GSX_TC

Lol your right, it doesn't look the best for it's age.

G

Staff member

blacksheep

Quoting turbowop:
I removed the insulation because it was over 20 years old and looked like sh*t, but yes, there are holes in it from the factory.

Juan has a JDM hood, Wop? I didn't notice this at all. I have wanted the vents but I don't wait to buy and cut into it. From what I have heard, those ebay JDM hoods come damaged all the time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

GSX_TC

Quoting G:
click

Wow those are hideous. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

blacksheep

Quoting G:
click

tumblr_mity71U5Lu1s373hwo1_500.gif

turbowop

Quoting blacksheep:
Quoting turbowop:

Juan has a JDM hood, Wop? I didn't notice this at all. I have wanted the vents but I don't wait to buy and cut into it. From what I have heard, those ebay JDM hoods come damaged all the time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yeah, I've had one since about 2005, if I recall. Mine wasn't terribly damaged. Just a few minor dings which were sorted when I had it painted.

G

Staff member
Get the big ones for the hummer!

RedTwo

Quoting tektic:
Is there an aftermarket company making vr4 or evo 3 hood vents?

Reproduction Evo 1, 2 & 3 vents are quite common.

GVR4ZUM

Thanks for responding Guys, okay so far Mark is the only one that took them out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Yeah mine came dented on the 2 back corners, but I was able to straighten them out the best I could.

tektic

Quoting RedTwo:
Quoting tektic:
Is there an aftermarket company making vr4 or evo 3 hood vents?

Reproduction Evo 1, 2 & 3 vents are quite common.

I guess I should have asked for someone to let me know where I could get a pair of reproduction evo 3 hood vents.

PolskiVR4

Just curious, I picked up a cf jdm replica hood locally from a dumb kid who didnt know what he had, for $175. I thought all those cf group buys were botched, but did some hoods make it out I'm assuming?

dc_style

some were made but they weren't the quality that people wanted.. but they are floating around.. if you don't want it.. i'll buy it from ya for 200 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned