The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Dyno Day with 1649

I got one too

Been MIA from this forum, but I'm still at it with 1649. Just been busy with work and life. Finally got a chance to dyno 1649 and my buddy's 95 Talon Tsi AWD conversion. First time really tuning with ECMLink on a dyno. Learned a whole lot and will post details later. Here's the video we made from D-Day.

click

click

CutlassJim

Your hp and tq make me tight in the pants. Where can I see a graph and mod list?

GSX_TC

Lol the music for that 2nd video is hilarious man, Nice Pull with the VR4. sounds great.

Last edited:

I got one too

On a mustang dyno

The most whp it made was 391. The most torque it made was 403, but they were on different pulls. Consistently, it made mid 480's whp and was always knockin on 400 torque. Still trying to get used to ECMLink and dyno tuning.

Mods List:
9:1 JE Pistons
Crower rods
Ported head with HKS 272's dialed in with JUN sprockets
Port job I just cleaned up the casting flaws
HKS springs and retainers
1mm over valves with bronze guides
Stock intake mani
Reconditioned and over bored TB
2g MAF
2g exhaust mani
FP18g SL2
FIC BlueMax High-Z 1680cc
Boost peaked at 28-29? Then settled down to right above 20ish?

The video below was back in May '09 when it was running on Haltech E6K with leaky intercooler pipes and hacked freeway tuning. It was also running the old school FIC BlueMax 1650cc.
click

Old post of that night:
click

SSGdave

NICE! Hah i see Booger Green is still around.

Dude i finished the rebuild of 1855/2000 "Frankie". You should swing by the dealership one of these days.
Your galant is on a 18G, right?

I got one too

Hey Dave!

I'll PM you my number. We're planning to hit up the Q tonight. I saw you in a white GVR4 on Plaza Blvd like a month ago. Yea, I'll definitely cruise by the dealership. I wanna take in Bearcat to get his AC done! HAHA!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned