The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Track outing with 1649

I got one too

Last outing I managed an 8.1 at 87 with 1.9 60

click

Things I have upgraded/fixed since:

- FIC BlueMax 1650cc (...now would rather have 1150cc, but oh well). Was maxing out 720's around 16-18psi on E85.
- EVO suspension - Replaced 15 year old blown Koni/Eibach Pro Kit setup
- Put back my 17's with new 235/45/17 Falkens - was rolling on my buddy's Volk 18's with 225's.
- Boost leaks

Leading up to the night:
FP18g was set to 1.7bar (approx 24-25psi) and I tried to tune for 11.5 afr couple of nights before, but the waterpump started leaking so I had to replace that and didn't have enough time to fine tune the afr, plus my dedicated dos laptop for tuning the Haltech crapped out and Haltech didn't like running under Windows XP. Oh well, f*ck it. Let's see how she does. It was still running pig rich above 6500 and didn't even want to go past 7500 due to afr hitting 9's when I quickly glanced down at the Zeitronix display. The car probably wasn't even making anymore power above that rpm anyways with the stock intake mani.

At the track:
On the first run, I toasted the clutch. Ack! Had a tough time shifting when I headed back to the staging lanes (Is this due to clutch being so hot, or clutch fluid?). So I decided to park it and let it cool down. The skunk smell was intense! I also wasn't able to NLTS which was a bummer.

The next couple of runs I hit an 8.4 then 8.0. They were running two tracks that night and the track I was on had really poor traction. I kept hitting 2's 60's. So I switched to the far track and I was able to hook up and hit a 1.8 60 which netted a 7.8. I was still peeling out too much, so I dropped the launch limiter from 6000 to 5500. This was the last run and I hit 7.739 at 92.21 with a 1.797 60. It was a great night.

What's next?
More fine tuning of afr.
Bring it up to 28psi.
Hit up a dyno for more tuning.
Try to hit 1.6 60's
Suggestions?

Here's how she stands right now, with the Evo Sus.

Video of the night:
click

NateCrisman

7.739 @ 92 in the 1/8 is a solid 12.1 to 12.0 ET for a full track.
92mph in the 8th is pretty fast, you might go in the 114-115 range at 1/4 mile.

I ran my GVR4 last week, was just a tick slower than you at the half track: 7.895 @ 89.30 was a 12.35 @ 110.69 1.734 60'.

Just figuring a data point for another similar car if you were curious what that run would likely have been for a full 1/4.

good job! always fun trying to improve the setup and driving.

I got one too

Looks like you had a blast as well. I wish we only paid $15 to race instead of $30! I might try launching at 5k instead of 5500. I'll try to hit a 1/4 mile track as soon as I'm done fine tuning some things. It's close to where I want it and she's been running strong.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned