The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

474/1000 Hitting the track tonight - Bradenton, FL

matt92vr4

Hi Everyone, hitting the track tonight for some stock 1/4 numbers before I start modding. Car is bone stock except at one point the muffler was replaced with a standard non-performance muffler.

Anyone close by, come on out and say hello! I'll post the results tonight.

GSX_TC

Dam wish i could come along man, goodluck out there,hopefully you can make some good safe passes without breaking anything. def gotta come back and tell us what you ran and possibly some pics and or Vids

matt92vr4

Bummer...rained out before any passes. I did find out an interesting tidbit. My butt dyno was telling me that this car is faster than a stock vr4 should be. I took a closer look and found the wastegate hose worked a large hole all the way through and was allowing full boost lol

The car is stock and I bought it from the original owner. After talking with him and looking at the hole, it's safe to say its been running like this for a years.

Time to go through everything a straighten everything out.

I did get some 3rd gear pulls against the Stealth TT I went with. It's a mid 14 second car and the pulls were dead even.

GSX_TC

Nice, yeah those things are torquey

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned