The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Sun Roof

Lukefraizer

So my sunroof broke..... this may be more for the how to section but does anyone have a diagram so that I can rip it apart and fix it up.. I just don't want to be breaking everything!

misterfixit

This may help you figure the mechanism out:
click

Rich

Diego

Your gonna haggle while its raining? Tell ya what, we can fix them both the same day on Sunday...... because mine only opens a few inches...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lukefraizer

so now that i know i must take out the entire headliner do you have a diagram of that as well. that is a little more important to me cause it is on the inside! it looks a bit like too much of a project but if it must happen it must happen. maybe ill redo the head liner at the same time!

misterfixit

just drop the interior light/switch, that'll get you to the motor. If you pop off the grey trims on the inside of the glass you can get to the bolts to lift the glass out. from memory the entire mechanism comes out the top..

Rich

fastfalcon94

The headliner is self explanatory. Take out dome lights, handles, trim along the edges, front pillars, trim piece on the back, and trim piece on the front. From there it drops down in the front, slides forward a little, and then take it out one of the back doors. You don't need to remove the upper trim pieces in the back or b pillar vertical piece. My car had some stupid aftermarket sunroof in it and didn't have a headliner when I got it. I ended up epoxying a 3000gt and 2g talon headliner together, covering it with sprayfoam, carving it into shape, then recovering it. I used contact cement from aubachon hardware brushed on. I even made my own vanity shade, and recovered the visors. No pics of it in yet.

6.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned