The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

leaking roof

dose anyone know where the drains to the sun roof drain to. is there anything one can do to clean out the drains if they might be pluged. the drains are in the sun roof corners, my windsheild seems to leak from the left top corner and i have been told that sun roofs can some time cause leaks

so know ideas, do they maybe drain down the inside of the A pillars, or in the wind screen track?

Barnes

I believe they drain out the B-pillar. I wish I could remember for sure though. I do remember that they go down one pillar on each side.

Best bet is to remove some trim around the headliner to see if you can track where it goes.

Specter

They go down the A-pillar, and during rains my windshield leaks from right side. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

ktmrider

+1 to A-pillar drain locale.

holeshotmoe

My sunroof has drains with hoses routed through the trunk into the rear quarters. There they connect to drains exiting under the car on either side of the gas tank. The antenna has a drain hose that connects to the drain also. If the hoses clog up they can eventually back up into the sunroof area. Take a wet/dry shopvac and try to vacuum them out from the bottom. Also, on one of my old galants, the sunroof hoses had become disconnected inside the rear quarters, where they had drained until my rear quarters were full of water. Pulled the trunk side liners out and could easily see where everything connected. Pulled the drain plugs and cleaned everything out. Reconnected and I was back in business...minus 20 pounds of water!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned