The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

DSM Graveyard Rebuild?

WiSu

Was wondering if anyone has experience with DSM Graveyard's rebuilt motors.

click

Thinking of possibly getting my motor rebuilt from them.
Any feedback would be of help

Last edited by a moderator:

A buddy of mine got a motor from them and it's solid! I have bought quite a bit from them and they do very good business and very good work.

The_Big_Weave

Expect a very long time for the order to be filed and sent to you, I ordered some 2g pistons on 1g rods and it took over 3 months to have them shipped, I was told when I bought them it would be less then a week before they were shipped. I called once a day until something got done. Extremely happy with the product has worked great no problems at all. Don't mean to bad mouth the company, I like the company just very unhappy with the shipping.

boostedinaz

I would be very careful with them. I personally have no first had experiance but I have seen enough in some private Tuners forums to NEVER want to do business with them especially for something as complex as an entire engine.

Seems like some employees left because they were shocked at the work that was being done as well as the things the owner was asking them to do. I think some of the post have been taken down but I might be able to copy and paste some saved quotes from said ex employees.

IMO not even worth the chance that something might go wrong.

Quote:
I would be very careful with them. I personally have no first had experiance but I have seen enough in some private Tuners forums to NEVER want to do business with them especially for something as complex as an entire engine.

Seems like some employees left because they were shocked at the work that was being done as well as the things the owner was asking them to do. I think some of the post have been taken down but I might be able to copy and paste some saved quotes from said ex employees.

IMO not even worth the chance that something might go wrong.

I do want to say this, I know a couple years back they were a joke to deal with but from what I understand they have since changed owners or something along those lines.

thecman02

Well.. I can say that you don't have to worry about the quality or work coming from them. Speed can be another issue though. They get swamped at times due to the volume that they get. Very similar to TRE as far as good stuff, but hit or miss on speed/communication. Many of the ex employees started a business. I'm friends with both the people from DSM Graveyard and SIM which has an ex employee. Most of the bad mouthing is just drama of employees being unhappy and blowing things out of proportion or stretching the truth. The owner will make sure you are taken care of. The employees that quit just wanted to do their own thing.

Last edited:

dsmless

i got my evo 8 pistons on 1g rods from them and very happy with the result, regular shipping very smooth transaction I was looking to buy a set of there 274 cams but got a better deal on com cams 101200

WiSu

Thanks everyone for the input.
I actually found what I wanted, and have decided to go a different route.

Time is something that I don't have much of but funny how things works itself out.
I've found something better for the price.

Stay tuned as 1639 will be up and running soon!!!
Hopefully. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned