The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

HKS vpc chip question

nickbuilt

does anyone know if i will have any problems if i run my vpc with a 550cc chip with stock 450cc injectors stocks or stock jdm 510cc injectors or if anyone knows if they sell stock 450cc injector chips for the vpc where i can get it from i dont really wanna upgrade my injectors to 550cc i would rather keep them stock size please help me out!!!

-nick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Last edited:

mooserage

Staff member
Yes, a 450cc (*stock injectors) vpc chip exists, but you will have to find someone to sell you it or make a copy as I doubt you can buy em from hks anymore, but they ARE out there I used to have one. You will need that chip for those injectors unless someone can burn an eprom chip or you have a safc to compensate, but thats kind of redundant. Just put up a WTB ad with that chip someone will have one.
-shamus

BoostedAWD91

They dont have a 440 chip but you can get a 450cc chip which is what your gonna wanna use and you could have keydiver make you a chip to match

Launch

...I've actually got a OG hks 450cc chip for dsms.... i wonder whats actually on it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Lonewolf64

As far as I understand it, it does not matter what kind of vpc chip you have if you get an accompanying keydiver chip that is burned specifically for your injector/vpc chip combo. It will have the necessary corrections already built in. Further fine tuning can be done with a SAFC, GCC or similar.

nickbuilt

Quoting Launch:
...I've actually got a OG hks 450cc chip for dsms.... i wonder whats actually on it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

you have been pm'ed!

-nick

I have VPC 450 and 550cc chips. You can either run the 450cc chip with 450cc injectors, or run the 510cc injectors using an A/T FPR at 43psi and run the VPC550 chip.

nickbuilt

cool thanks alot keydiver sounds like a plan i just aquired the 450cc chip but i have the 550cc chip when i get some 510cc or 550cc injectors thats what i will do thanks again!

-nick

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned