The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone still running a HKS VPC???

BoostedAWD91

Quoting keydiver:
Quoting BoostedAWD91:
i know about the ECU's pins but thats not really gonna help me. I need to know if that cut wire is gonna affect the VPC functionality and what the long wires by themself are for in the 2nd pic

But, here again YOU need to tell us which wire they are spliced into. We can't get that much information from just a stupid picture!

The only reason i am askin the question is cause i dont have a VPC at the moment, thats a pic of one that i was considering buying so figured someone with a VPC might know off the top of there head where it goes

OK, if you're going to make me do the work for you:
Its obvious to see that the wire cut in the top picture is the 10th one from the left of a 24-pin connector, which exactly corresponds to pin #10 of the ECU connector I gave you the link for. Pin #10 IS the Karman Hz input to the ECU, which is *supposed* to be coming from the VPC harness. The VPC creates the Karman Hz signal from the MAP, BARO, TPS, and IAT sensor inputs, and feeds that to the ECU in place of the 1G MAS Karman Hz signal. I forget which VPC harness wire it is supposed to be conencted to though, but it should be obvious.
The other picture is too low resolution to make anything out.

BoostedAWD91

thanks for looking it up but u didnt have to. I just wanted to know what the one wire that was byitself went to for the VPC.Yes i know the picture isnt the best but thats all i have to work with at the moment. I didnt remember if that single long wire was supposeed to be like that or if that was just screwed up. i already found out about the harness pin that had the wire cut but thanks anyways

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned