The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2g cas

I know it's been discussed, but I'm still not sure. Does anyone know any info on using the black 2g CAS from the 97-99 in the Galant head? I hear it's just a better signal and crisper. Is that true? Thanks for all info you have...

004tsi

are you talking about the black top cas found in 93=94 dsm's? I think the 2g had the sensor mounted on the cam gear and another on the block. The black top cas uses a different type of pickup (sorry brain is failing me as to specifics right now) and its supposed to be more accurate, and more popular with the 2g guys who do 6 bolt swaps, and I believe you can run it without a problem

Yes thats' the one. The black cover one,it looks idententical to the Galant VR4 one. I found a guy selling one very cheap with a great warranty so I figured I'd grab it. Thanks for anymore info...

fivestardsm

If it looks exactly like the VR4 one that you have, then it has already been swapped. The Original early 1st gen DSM's, and the VR4's all had the "greenish" colored metal tops CAS, and the 93 up had the "Black" Plastic CAS's.

curtis

Black tops bolt right up and work without problem.

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting 004tsi:
are you talking about the black top cas found in 93=94 dsm's? I think the 2g had the sensor mounted on the cam gear and another on the block. The black top cas uses a different type of pickup (sorry brain is failing me as to specifics right now) and its supposed to be more accurate, and more popular with the 2g guys who do 6 bolt swaps, and I believe you can run it without a problem

I think the cam gear sensor was only used in 2gs up to 97 or something like that.

Thanks for all the info. I figured because i found a new one cheap I would throw it on. It's only going to help not hurt.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned