The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Removing vacuum lines and stuff

deez

I was going to get rid of the three vacuum lines coming off the throttle body that are for smog related things. Can I just disconnect those 3 and cap them, or do I need to cap off the other ends such as at the EGR also?

GVR4_1057

I just plugged mine. The "P" fitting works great for the boost gauge too.

deez

Cool, now I won't have to worry about the hose popping off the egr anymore.

Yup you can. Heres a site that might help click Most people when they do this also just go ahead and remove their egr valve. You can just leave it there though if you wont. there wont really be any negative side effects.

deez

I read this at that link...

"I wouldn't be teeing the wastegate line off the BOV line, if you are using a "bleed-type" MBC. When the MBC is bleeding off pressure before it opens, it also bleeds off pressure to the top of the BOV, allowing it to leak slightly. If you are going to use the manifold as your wastegate pressure source with a bleedtype MBC, then use a seperate line directly from the manifold."

What port is is a good one to use for the MBC then? Does it matter if its before or after the throttle body?

Quoting 14u2nV:
^^Link Fail!

CliCk for Info

Thanks for the save I googled and got the WI site lol. Anyway most people try to tap into the intercooler pipe or some turbo compressor covers have a nipple that you can run to the mbc. I know I have seen some 14b jpipes that have them.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned