The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

deleted abs, now the anti lock lights's on

cody

how do i get the anti-lock light off in the gauge cluster after i deleted the abs?

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Pull the fuse out.

CP

I pulled the light from the dash cluster.

H05TYL

Not sure what sorta vehicle safety inspections they have over there, but if they expect to see the light come on then turn off when you start the car, it's pretty simple to just rewire it in parallel with the check engine light.

atc250r

Staff member
What year GVR4?

Hertz

Staff member
The yellow one in the fusible link by the battery... it is bolted in from the bottom.

atc250r

Staff member
Quote:
The yellow one in the fusible link by the battery... it is bolted in from the bottom.

That will only disable the ABS, you'll need to do some other stuff to get the light to shut off. If you'd answer my initial question I could probably help you. The systems are different from 91 to 92.

John

Hertz

Staff member
I take it that the pump is still there? You'll need to unplug that, too. I forget which one, I think the big one in the middle... but answer John's question and he'll help you out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yao

pull the abs computer in the trunk, fuse, abs pmp and if all else fails, pull the light bulb in the dash.

Last edited:

WesS

Quote:
pull the abs computer in the trunk, fuse, abs pmp and if all else fails, pull the light bulb in the dash.

Wheres the "How to" and "What to pull" thread on this.

strokin4dr

Have you figured this out yet? If not, try pulling the relay located on the top, driver's side of the firewall next to the alarm's horn.

atc250r

Staff member
Quote:
its a 91

You need to unplug the ABS computer in the trunk by the jack. That will remove one system that turns on the light. Then you need to unplug the two wire plug under the hood on the driver's side near the front. I think its the one that Hertz said but if you unplug all two or three of those plugs it won't matter since they're all ABS related. I'll take a look in my manual and get you some wire colors before I head out for the day.

John

Back from the dead thanks to the search function (+abs +light -re). My abs was deleted by the PO but the light is still on.

What about for the 1992s? I'm going to start messing with this later today.

Thanks.

Make sure the ABS fuse that is attached to the positive battery terminal is removed. There are 2 of them, if I recall.

Thanks Jeff, I will be trying everything listed in this thread. John suggested a difference between the 2 years and I was hoping for the info on the 92s. Thanks again.

jb4

I removed the pump and cpu in the trunk. I did not remove any fuses.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned