The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GVR4 Clutch Pedal Rebuild Kit no longer available at JNZ tuning

4dr_vr4

What is the next person going to do when their stock unwelded clutch pedal has play?

Are there any other sources?

MellowVR4

I thought anyone could remove their stock one and have it welded? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4dr_vr4

Maybe, but if the parts were worn, couldn't it be welded in the wrong position e.g. the position where there was play. I don't think it takes much play in the components to run into issues so you'd have to be spot on when welding no?

Last edited:

MellowVR4

I think this is how its done.. click

4dr_vr4

Huh, I have seen that a thousand times but never really read it. Seems to me that you don't need to worry about worn parts if you follow that procedure.

Last edited:

MellowVR4

Yeah he replaced the plastic bushing with a metal/brass bushing and just threw a bolt and nuts on it. I have to this to mine, Don't know if ill weld it or do this.

donniekak

I had a machine shop make me brass bushings for $20, and welded the end. The stock rebuild kits just fail again snyway.

DSSA

Just a note on this--

There are some other manufacturers out there making the bushings out of Brass as well, and typically they're close in price to our bushings.

We make (and have always made) our bushings out of Bronze, not brass.

It's twice the material cost of brass, and typically a little more expensive to machine, but when you're welding these pedal assemblies together, they're not easily taken apart to replace bushings without starting again from square one. That's why we spend the extra money (almost double the material costs) on the bronze.

The brass may work fine in most instances, but since it's a somewhat "permanent" setup once you're done, we felt the material costs were justified.

We discontinued making the bushing for the opposite end of the clutch pedal (the pedal side which you're not welding), as out of the 200+ pedal assemblies that we've welded over the years, I've seen only one or two bushings on that end (and for the brake pedal) that were worn to the point of REALLY needing to be replaced--it simply wasn't worth the costs to sell those to people.

Last edited:

gaylantvr4

If the splines are worn out and their is play welding it will fail down the line. I have tried replacing bushings and welding and the weld cracks within a year.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts