The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oil Filter Relocation options

marvinmadman

So I can't remove the shorty filter with my 3" downpipe and 90 OFH. I'd like to get a relocation kit but I'm unsure on which housing will fit/work best. Info on this seems to elude my searches.

G

Staff member
What do you mean "which housing" ?

marvinmadman

In the relocation kits. I'd like to use one with 90° ports to route the hoses away from the exhaust.

Last edited:

marvinmadman

I've seen that. I've also read that those adapters leak quite often. Also would like for the adapter to have 90° ports to start with instead of using 90° fittings. Leaning towards this

GSTwithPSI

I think most aftermarket universal kits you buy would work fine. I DEFINITELY wouldn't use any lines paired with standard barb fittings and worm gear hose clamps though. If I was going to use the kit in your link I'd throw those barb fittings in the trash, and use AN fittings with braided lines...or push-loc lines at the very least.

marvinmadman

That's what I plan to do. Just hoping I don't run into an issue with clocking the adapter to where I need it to route the lines.

marvinmadman

Ordered the Hayden 291 kit from O'Reilly just now for $45 total. Going pick it up tomorrow morning.

marvinmadman

Haven't had much time to dick with it. But this is what I've come up with so far.

Last edited:

marvinmadman

Got it all hooked up and no leaks lol. Used Fragola Push lite hose and fittings with pinch clamps.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned