The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Injector Size

Tommyd

So I bought 610 with the intention of building it up, and well the time finally came. I was buying a gt30 turbo/manifold/ect. off Raif, who you know has built some crazy sh*t, and well ended up just taking a built longblock back home with me instead of just the turbo. I have link v3 already, and my only concern is the injectors. Currently there are 750's in the fuel rail, but I can only imagine what my IDC would be if I do anything over 17psi. I'm a recently converted Subie person and still new to 4g63s, so any feed back would be nice while everything is still torn apart.

G

Staff member
''

Last edited:

rdomeck

Good to see another Indy guy on here. I don't have any advice on injector size.... If you need any fab work let me know. I'm downtown. My website click

turbowop

I run 950's with my FP3052. My injector duty cycles are pretty low because I pull fuel when my meth injection kit kicks in. I see about 58% at the top of the revs at WOT. I don't see why you couldn't run the same, or possibly a hair bigger for added headroom.

DynastyLCD

Raif does build some nasty cars for sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

what turbo do you plan on running? and what fuel do you plan on using? i prefer to have room to grow with injectors, i originally bought 1200's for my 30r setup. its good for what i need it to do - pump gas only, and enough fuel for 35+ PSI of boost. i feel that i'll upgrade if i run any larger of a turbo setup than a 3076.

matt92vr4

One nice thing about these cars is drivability with big injectors. I run 1000cc's and it drives as well as stock. Last tank was 26mpg. Don't be afraid to go a little big.

thecman02

If you plan on running some e85 I'd look into something 1000cc+ range. The high impedance 1100cc's from FIC are good for small turbos. Just need to make sure you get a beefy fuel pump like a wally 450. If your IDC's get high just dial in some more fuel pressure till you get where you want to be. I have trouble recommending anything bigger than that. I daily drive on some 2150's. If your tune isn't perfect your afr's can swing almost a point if your VE or global is off by more then 1%.

Tommyd

Thanks for the feedback so far. Just to clarify, I'll be running a GT3076r, the one thing I was afraid to do was go too high and ruin driveability. I currently run a Wally255 fuel pump and thinking of upgrading to the 450 if needed. I was planning on running 93 75% of the time. Where I work has a station that sells 110 at the pump so I plan on running that every now and again and having a second map for that. FIC claims the 750s are good for 500whp, but the last thing I want to do is see 100% IDC on a low boost map. So what does everyone think about FIC 1150s?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned