The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

what car wax to use?

4G63_GSR

these past two days were really nice outside, so i was planning on washing/waxing my car tomorrow. any suggestions on what brand to use or just any random thing i can find at the local auto part store?

ken inn

zaino, zaino, zaino. there is none better.

Zaino....But you cant find it just anywhere. My advice is to buy a clay bar kit, Then some good polish/wax for it. Gold class is nice.

4G63_GSR

thanks...

why do people usually wax their cars AFTER they need it most
confused.gif
confused.gif

Anyway ,Mguiars(spelling) goldclass is awesome for a quick shine, comes off easier then anything ive ever used, and shines like no other.

Always use mguiars .... in the red jar during winter with the r.o. buffer. works like a champ too, but doesn't shine like the gold glass.

Mark

20gvr4

i use a 4 step wax process step 1, step 2 and step 26 of megiaurs (sp) and then i use a zymoil polish spray on top of that. takes a good 2 and a half hours but well worth it

mike

Mequiars Gold Class is the best wax i've used. It's the most popular brand here in downunder.

ken inn

zaino will beat meguiars easily. removal is by far, the easiest i have ever done. can be applied in sun or shade, absolutely the best protection/shine ever. can be layered. if you got a dark car, each coat enhances the shine. sucker really comes out mirror finish. i liked gold class, too, but it would only last a short time. once you use zaino, you will NEVER go back.

Romanova

Zaino has some great info on their website about car waxing and detailing...

Zaino is great for maintence waxing. But if you have a white car, Meguiar's Cleaner Wax is great for renewing the "trueness" to the white. As far as I know it will take just about any discoloration out of any color. I personally have only used it on white.

gvr4ever

I've been using Meguiar's producs on my car since I got it. It still lookd great. I don't have a digital camera to share a pic, but it doesn't look like a 12 year old car at all.

ken inn

the problem with most cleaner/waxes is that the next coat always REMOVES whatever is on there. zaino, and some other brands allow layering, which adds a ton of protection. also, zaino is the ONLY one i have found to protect against stuff like birdshit and road tars. no other wax/polish has come close. and, no other can match the shine. add on the ease of on/off, and it just cant be beat.

Wow Ken, sounds like you really love this product.. I was thinkin about waxing my car soon and was also wondering what kind to get. Where can I get zaino? At a store like pep boys? Is there a special 'model' or is it just zaino wax?

I think you have to order it now, Or buy it from one of there so called "Reps". I used to be able to buy it local but the shop said Zaino wouldent sell it to them anymore, Im sure Ken knows.

ken inn

quote:Originally posted by GVR4in:
Wow Ken, sounds like you really love this product.. I was thinkin about waxing my car soon and was also wondering what kind to get. Where can I get zaino? At a store like pep boys? Is there a special 'model' or is it just zaino wax? http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

there is a downside, the initial prep. you have to remove all the old wax(they recommend a bath in dawn dishwashing detergent). then, what i did, was claybar the entire car. then, you wipe on this polishlok, and then apply the first coat right over the polishlok. let it sit for at least an hour, then wipe it off. after that, all you do is just put on the polish, or the scratch remover. they also have this spray-on-wipe-off detailer, that REALLY makes it shine. you have to wait 24 hours before you put on another coat. but it is so easy now, and it really looks good.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned