The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

what rotors to use for the 5lug swap....

Tre3zy

just wondering what year of T.E.L. rotors i could use for my 5 lug swap.... im also planning on eliminating my ABS.... correct me if im rite but ive heard that i need to use a 93-94 non abs rotors? but when i looked it up on rock auto it seems like the abs and non abs rotors are that same... is that right?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
you can use those you list, but you can also use 2g brake rotors as well. If you have eliminated the small bolts that hold on the ABS rotors, you do not need to worry about the ABS specification at all. The TEL rotors are only different for ABS by whether they have the holes for the bolt heads.

jmorri15

i used 92 3000gt sl rotors. the big brake kit for the 1g dsm's and the stock brakes from the gvr4 are the same as the 3000gt. and the 3000gt is 5 lug so that solves the problem.

Tre3zy

cool thnx

JSchleim18

I know MachV was selling brembo blanks for $50 for the pair. They're 5 lug DSM rotors.

jmorri15

oh i just remembered the 3kgt rotors are only the fronts. the backs are the 1g dsm rotors.

Tre3zy

yea i was talking about the fronts.... the rear i already have

steve

Actually, you're rite about that.

When I did my 5lug swap I used 90 talon tsi fwd rotors all around on my ggsx.

Last edited by a moderator:

raptorWagon

^ Do the GGSXs not have two pistons? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif That would explain why the fwd rotors would work, but as for the VR4s and 93-99 AWDs with the 2 pistons, the front rotors are actually slightly bigger than the single pistons.

RedTwo

Yes you can, it's the same result as drilling 4 stud discs into 5 stud - assuming your just swapping 4 to 5 stud within the same PCD

Quoting cheekychimp:
This is a little off topic but can I re-drill 5 hole rotors to fit 4-lug hubs?

Yes you can. I was running this setup on my car for over 2+ years until I did the 5 lug swap.

Quoting raptorreed:
^ Do the GGSXs not have two pistons? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif That would explain why the fwd rotors would work, but as for the VR4s and 93-99 AWDs with the 2 pistons, the front rotors are actually slightly bigger than the single pistons.

No the ggsx/eagle2000gtx just came with the single pistons. Nothing that just calipers and rotors won't fix when the time comes to replace these rotors. =]

minneSNOWta

Bump!

For you guys who have done the swap, did you guys get 67.1mm hubs or 69mm? When I look on Brembo's online catalog and look at the blueprints for the rotors, they say 69mm. Then I looked up Galant rotors just to see what the measurements are and they say 69mm too, but I read ours are 67.1mm. Wouldn't that mean you would need a hub centric ring to fit or 69mm hubs? I looked at Project Mu rotors too and all I could come up with is 69mm front rotors for all the years. Thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned