The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER: evo 8 IC piping kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, each was test fit before the welding, after the welding and pressure tested to ~30psi. No pop offs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Brunoboy

btw, can you post more pics of install? I maybe slow because I dont know which pipe comes first out of the two on the cold side, I do know which is the hot side though ahaha
-shane

Brunoboy

Quoting Jonvr4:
Yes, each was test fit before the welding, after the welding and pressure tested to ~30psi. No pop offs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

thanks for the insurance on it btw. +1

throughfaith323

Quote:
btw, can you post more pics of install? I maybe slow because I dont know which pipe comes first out of the two on the cold side, I do know which is the hot side though ahaha
-shane

the hot side is the the longest of the three. it goes on how you have it laying on the ground then a 90 degree silicon goes to the intercooler..(of couarse you'll need a j pipe from the turbo too)
...on the cold side it goes in order like this frok the intercoolder: 45 degree sili-->short pipe-->straight sili-->last pipe with flange--> straight sili--> throttle body elbow "TBE"-->intake manifold.
---at least this is how i'm seeing it. 99% positive.

as for jon...piping looks good. has some scratches but i turned everything the way it would be visible and its all good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif...however i did not receive my BOV flange. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ed, you are correct, that is how it goes. I must have left your flange at the welding station where I packed them up. I'll pop one in the mail for you in the next couple days.

Yes, there is 2 ways to put the cold pipe on the t body elbow. You can either have the BOV higher up, or flip it 180* and it will be on the lower portion, when on the lower portion, you can trim the top section of the piping, bead it or weld a bead, and it will fit perfectly.

throughfaith323

cool sounds good...thank you. I'll wait to leave feedback so i can leave it all at once /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif let me know when you ship it out. I'm not sure what intake setup i'm going with yet. i guess it all depends on what MAF i use. i'll probably end up making a cold air slightly down from the turbo with the GM MAF up top. what you think about that?

Brunoboy

Quoting throughfaith323:
Quote:
-shane

the hot side is the the longest of the three. it goes on how you have it laying on the ground then a 90 degree silicon goes to the intercooler..(of couarse you'll need a j pipe from the turbo too)
...on the cold side it goes in order like this frok the intercoolder: 45 degree sili-->short pipe-->straight sili-->last pipe with flange--> straight sili--> throttle body elbow "TBE"-->intake manifold.
---at least this is how i'm seeing it. 99% positive.

as for jon...piping looks good. has some scratches but i turned everything the way it would be visible and its all good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif...however i did not receive my BOV flange. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

so the stock J pipe is used right? thats what the reducer is for?

throughfaith323

jon....you've been on since i asked this and you haven't answered me. I'm starting my build this coming week and i NEED that flange since i still don't know which BOV i'm going with.

Hey man, I'll be sending it today via USPS and 2 day shipping. It will have the flange and the tube that extends it just a bit up.

Is there anymore interest in these kits? I have gotten a few PMs in the past couple weeks, so I thought I would as one more time before I order new material for the Evo8-9 kits I am going to be starting here in a couple weeks.

I left yours unwelded in case you wanted to rotate it. If you plan on using a TIG, you can fuse it and use no filler rod.

throughfaith323

oh ok good thinking. thank you...i really want to make use of my tial BOV so i guess I'll find out within the next week or so what I decide. i should be posting my car in the showcase in a month or two when everything is done, its fully street tuned, and i make some passes at the track. hoping to run close to 11.5 with lite mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned