The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB:transmission parts

theevozero

Feels like I stripped 4th tonight. I imagine I will need an intermediate shaft and 4th speed gear. Gonna tear into it tomorrow and find out for sure, just an educated guess. Just putting this out there. All the good trans parts I have left are 93 dsm parts. I've gotta wait for bearings, seals, oil and hub and slider, so I have time.

Last edited:

DynastyLCD

what year is your transmission? i have tons of parts for the early trans, just no GVR4's, no 90's and only a little 93+ stuff.

theevozero

Its a 92 gvr4 trans retrofited with dsm stuff, double syncro second, evo 5th, etc.... I know that 3rd and 4th is pre 93. 1st is stock galant and 2nd from a 92 dsm. I have all the 93+ 3rd and 4th stuff, just don't know if it will interfer with gear mess on the intermediate shaft, such as cut angles and such.

theevozero

Last time this happened, I shredded 4th and the intermediate shaft, feels like the same thing happened. So, thats what I am getting prepared to buy. I was lucky and did not have any gear shrapnal take anything else out. The case stayed intact both times.

DynastyLCD

when you look at your center diff, do you have the mark in the teeth?

edit: which marks are in the intermediate shaft as well?

i probably have most of the stuff you need, just let me know what you find when you tear down!

Last edited:

theevozero

I believe I have 92 shafts. All the gears such as the center diff, input and intermediate have marks. In which case I think I found what I needed.

theevozero

I ordered most of what I needed through Jacks, including bearings and a evo 3 hd 3-4 set(Found another intermediate shaft somehow). Upon further inspection, noticed that my center diff has a tiny chip in the bottom gear attached to the housing. I'm gonna go out to my shop tonight and see if I have an extra to rebuild, if not, I may have to buy one of yours. I should of replaced it anyhow, its mared up pretty bad.

theevozero

I know I'm gonna need shims. I just don't know which yet. I get my parts today, so I should find out today which I need. Gonna build it according to this click

Thirsty

G'day. Would you have these shims?
Front Diff:-between 1.13mm and 1.25mm
Center diff:-between 0.327mm and 0.378mm
Input shaft:-between 1.57mm and 1.648mm
Intermediate shaft:-between 1.477mm and 1.528mm
Air parcel post to
Brisbane
Queensland
Australia
Cheers

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned