The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: dipstick?

James

Mine pops out. I guess it's due to the rock hard rubber? Where can I find a new dipstick or does anyone have one for sale

citymunky

You are building to much crackcase pressure.

I have a used one, but try replacing the o-ring first.

turbofonz

Go to extremepsi.com and buy a new one. I prefer the 2g ones. Old rubber def will do it, if a new dipstick still pops you have other issues, but IMO it's a great idea to buy a new dipstick on any vr-4/1g/2g that still has the original dipstick.

James

I know the crank case pressure pops it also but I don't think with my limited mods and vented valve cover that's its soley because of bad pressure relief. I have a few other things to grab from extremepsi so ill throw that in.

460GVR4

functioning pcv and that tube from v/c to intake pipe is an important piece to your issue. If you just have a filter on that vacuum fitting, your dipstick will pop. Replace the line as was from factory or get a catch can. Some thread on here or tuners has a long explanation of why these systems are important to remove your crankcase pressures and gases.

Wizardawd

Quoting turbofonz:
Go to extremepsi.com and buy a new one. I prefer the 2g ones. Old rubber def will do it, if a new dipstick still pops you have other issues, but IMO it's a great idea to buy a new dipstick on any vr-4/1g/2g that still has the original dipstick.

The 2g ones are horrible, the plastic handle always broke over time. The dealers actually replaced the 2g part with the old 1g one. And they are a whopping $15-20 from the dealer. I've also seen people crimp the end of the dipstick tube or slip a piece of hose over the end rather than buy a new one. But, with them being so cheap....

Wiz

James

I do need to get a catch can setup.

I ordered a new dip from EPSI

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned