The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

dipstick housing won't clear manifold

So I got a new dipstick and housing cause the old one had a lot of crud build up on it that wouldn't come off. Only thing is the new housing blocks me from putting the exhaust manifold back on. How can I bend this new piece safely without damaging it?

Recommend me a method or a tool.

Thanks

turbowop

I just pushed mine aside to clear my wastegate back when I installed the FP3052. Didn't use anything but brute force. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think you would have to try pretty hard to actually kink the thing.

Last edited:

4thStroke

Mines been bent around a few times. Just make the effort not to kink it and you'll be fine. Just use common sense.

Spence knows about tools, listen to him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

As mentioned, install it & simply push it out of the way with your hand, it's not a big deal.

dsmless

just muscle f**k it the tube is very strong unless you do chin ups on it you cant kink it easily, I bent mine using a regular peice of conduit tubing I found lying around mushroomed the tip of it and just put it over the dipstick tube and bent it a little at a time, works like a charm

Not a bad idea, I'll look into that or something of similar diameter.

Eh, I was thinking of rebar when I refered to diameter (something to put inside the dipstick rather than over it) but I now understand what conduit is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned