The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: CAS..

Typhoonguy

I have been wondring where all my oil ontop of my trans has been coming from, cas is leaking oil out of it an down the side of my block an head. I can send a pic of the cas to see if it is the correct one.. Thanks
Steve

LIV4PSI

You can probably buy just the seal. With that being said, I have one for $35 shipped. [email protected]

LIV4PSI

Typhoonguy

Whats the diffrence between the two cas's anyway? Mine has a plug on the cas itself, is there one where wire pig tails come out of the cas to a seperate connector?

pot

Staff member
If your leaking oil from the CAS area there is no need to replace the CAS itself. You need to purchase a replacement O-Ring. The factory part number is: MD619648. As far as differences in CAS' please see image below (I yanked this from another forum member's post):

More than likely you have the fellah in the middle which is factory.

Typhoonguy

Cool thanks pot! I indeed have the one in the middle.. Where mine is leaking oil from is the lid on the CAS itself.... Dont ask me how its doing it but it is an i can physicly see it drip from the lid.. Now there is always the possibility of the o ring being bad, with my luck tho i would rather just have a spare sitting around for future use.. This car has surprised me in more ways than one already this year lmao

LIV4PSI

Quoting Typhoonguy:
That looks like mine. 35.00 shipped right?

Yes, it's the same as yours. The 90 one has the harness attached, and the later models use the black top

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts