The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: automatic shifter and shift cable.

89Mirageman

Galant or DSM? I have one from my 1g dsm that you can have for the price of shipping. If you're looking for a 6th gen Galant one there are 3 at the local yard.

Nate

I want one from a galant, as I believe it'll fit the center console better,unless anyone can comment otherwise. I actually have two from DSMs that I was holding onto for this project, but now that I'm doing the swap, I think the galant one would fit my needs better.

Thanks for any and all help.

89Mirageman

I could grab one from the yard but I think the cable goes through the floor. I know it was a pain to remove the one from my dsm. You'd probably be looking at $75 + shipping. Much cheaper if you could find one local I'm sure.

Nate

I'm gonna try one more regional yard. I'm just going to use the cable from the DSM if I have to, if it routes the same way. Thanks though.

Nate

Does your shift cable follow a factory auto car's routing through the floor?

I finally found a shifter, along with manual belt plastics today.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned