The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: 90 Mighty Max/D50, 89-90 Expo/Summit ECU

Fiascoxl

Like a lot of other folks here I here too meddle with numerous Mitsubishi platforms, but sad to say my trusty Mighty Max has used it's second ecu in two years. I am looking for a 90-92 I believe is what is the compatible ecu. I know some of you do yard hopping as well and might be able to spot a unit for me.

A little off topic but the truck has been sitting for over two months. I hate for it to do that, so after analyzing the ecu's board to a 89 1.5 CSM ecu I have laying around they are identical! I can only assume that the data corresponding to each engine is just different depending on injector, maf and redline, and so forth? To my surprise it fired right up and idled quite smoothly. Now I just did this for a minute or two to get it up to temps, but I was quite surprised to say the least. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

Fiascoxl

Up, apparently I need a 90 only ecu. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I have come to the conclusion that a ECU from a 89-90 Expo/Summit Van(not sure the Summit was offered in '89) should work just fine because they use the same exact maf and injectors? I know the redline and some other things may be different but it should work. The ecu part number is MD135437.

Last edited:

92_talon_awd

I'm going to the parts yard tomorrow to pull a head off of an awd expo van, hoping it will work for my MM. If the ECU is still there, I will look at the part number for you.

92_talon_awd

The AWD expo van had a production date of Jun 91. The ECU had a different part number and the insides look way different then my 90 MM's ECU. I pulled the cylinder head from the van and I'm putting it on my MM so as soon as I get it on, I'm gonna try the expo ECU in the truck. If it runs it, I'll let you get it. Stay tuned, should take a day or two, only waiting on a head gasket

92_talon_awd

It had the same maf, unfortunately the ECU connectors were different size. Sorry man. Wonder if one out of a 1g would work? There are a few of those out at my pullapart, I know those connectors are the same size...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned