The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Would you trust these welds?

toybreaker

iconoclast
^^^ that works

I scrapped everything that wasn;t bolted down awhile back, so I ain;t got sh*t laying around.

[edit]

Please set your fisher price calipers to 'merican measurements, The antiques I got's access to are in real numbers, not dat 'metrik chit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fawkd.gif

Last edited:

Brunoboy

mine were cut as well, but only to the circle on the stock evo shock, then welded around the ends. IIRC the welds on mine look very similiar to the ones on yours. 5k miles, hard driving. still going.
-Shane

curtis

Quoting toybreaker:
^^^ that works

I scrapped everything that wasn;t bolted down awhile back, so I ain;t got sh*t laying around.

[edit]

Please set your fisher price calipers to 'merican measurements, The antiques I got's access to are in real numbers, not dat 'metrik chit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fawkd.gif

Its a Japanese car and has metric hardware so your just going to have to deal.

Now to let everyone in on the joke. My mill does everything in metrics. Its a German/Austrian mill with a software board installed from the UK it no specken the english numbers. I set my autocad to metric as well. TB has always given me sh*t and when him and Chris came down I found every steel rule I have and just laid them around the shop. Even had my 1000mm steel starrett laid out on display. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I've done some welding over the years as a proffesional car mechanic, but these do deff. not deserve a prize. That said; i'm pretty sure you could trust them though. The way they were welded is quite stupid, and would really like to know what that guy was thinking, but i don't think anything would happen to the welds. Unless you're planning on doing some serious off-roading and jumping "dukes of hazzard" style..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Galantvr41062

K sport coil overs have a straight hole threw the bushing, and bolting them on flares the one side out to match the lower control arm.

~John

Men that a shot out welder they could have done bette... And the other picture that was just too much welding on it. It actually makes the part weaker cause of so much heat... And its alot easyer to break.... Just2 beeds would of taking care of that but good ones

CutlassJim

For what it's worth my Evo converted kit I got from Tuners Nation looked just like yours and I did another set for my Expo exactly the same way and they have both held up fine. Go weld a setup similar and I bet you can't beat it off with a hammer. That's assuming the weld is good. I do vacuum tight stuff at work so I know mine came out alright.

Too much weld it breaks I know man I work on that kind of stuff every day so I know wit the time its going to break..

gtluke

it will be fine. The load comes from the top of the strut so the weld isn't doing that much work. Plus the weld is more than fine for that application. It's a shock, not a control arm. There was someone on here that was running them without welding them, just ran a bolt through the old bolt hole so they didn't fall out.

Overkill

The weld will be fine and pretty welds are not always strong welds just for future reference

strokin4dr

Quoting Oreo:
Men that a shot out welder they could have done bette... And the other picture that was just too much welding on it. It actually makes the part weaker cause of so much heat... And its alot easyer to break.... Just2 beeds would of taking care of that but good ones

Quoting Oreo:
Too much weld it breaks I know man I work on that kind of stuff every day so I know wit the time its going to break..

Please take the time to proofread your posts before replying to a thread. Also, the use of punctuation makes it much easier to understand what you are trying to say.

Quoting Beaner:
They must speak a different language in Georgia.

Yes, some do. I have trouble understanding half the people in the next county over... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif
-Ryan

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned