The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stock AC Dash Vents Alternative?

Specter

Okay so i am having trouble finding some ac vents at the local junkyard. My previous stock ones were broken and have been repaired several times. The fact is ac vents on these cars are very brittle compared to other cars (yes i handle stuff with care always ). Is there any alternative to these vents? Is it possible to build some vent which move in all the directions as the stock one does?

Barnes

I think they are very inexpensive here in the USA. Perhaps someone here could ship you a set?

BoostedAWD91

im not sure if they sh*t international but jnz can get you a brand new center vent. It was like $33 i believe

DR1665

JNZ shits all kinds of stuff from what I hear. They got a good reputation n sh*t.

Specter

Hmm thanks for the replies guys, but i was more looking forward to some posting an idea to make a vent yourself, or a pic maybe. I am really not looking forward to install another stock vent. I am running vent less these days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Barnes

Are you trying to avoid removing the dash at all costs?

steve

Or are you just looking for something "cool" to do with the stock vent location? I don't know where this thread is going.

Specter

No sir i am not trying to avoid removing the dash, my center vents are in pieces already, its out of the dash, in the trunk. No i am not trying to do something " cool ", i am trying to find a way to use some less fragile vents then the stock ones, perhaps by finding a way to " create " some vents, or use some vents from " another car ". Hope this presents my query more clearly.

Diego

Try finding an evo parts car and rip the vents out, do a little fab work and heck it might work.... ya kno a little sanding here a dremel there and set it in. Might not work but I've thought of doing this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Specter

^^ We do not have NA galant parts here and your talking about evos, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif for the price of what evo vents around here, i could buy whole galant dash from Malaysia and import it here. Well never mind, i do not think this thread will produce anything solid as i guess no one ever had the need to try it, or think of it, i guess i will look for some old corolla or civic vents that might match a little bit, they are available here easily.

Thanks for the input guys!

steve

Good luck and let us know if you come up with anything. I think you're right, that no one has tried this before.

Specter

Yeah i guess so, because i always try to search before posting, did not find anything on this, so as soon as i do something presentable, i will post it up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheekychimp

I'm going to work here but shoot me a PM I have thought about this and can give you some ideas to work from.

Paul.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned