The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Chrome Door handles

mitsuturbo

Has anyone put these on a GVR4? If so, how did they look? Any photos?

I've often seen them at the junkyard and entertained the thought of swapping some in. I don't know if they'd look good, or out of place. It's difficult for me to visualize, as i am about the most UN-artistic bastard on the face of the planet.

VR42LT

Ive got them on my maroon vr4, i think they look like they were meant to be there but thats just me.

H05TYL

I've got them on mine and I also agree they look like they were meant to be there, they tie in nicely with the chrome strip on the bumpers.

Pics in the Aussie/Kiwi thread.

ozyvr4

I have fitted themm & i think they look 100% better than the shitty fadded black handles. They blend in with the chrome trim that is in the middle of the door moldings & bumpers. I don't understand why Mitsu put the base handles on there top model car. Seems a little backwards.

Some pics..

jepherz

Staff member
I am not a fan, personally. Painting them to match the color of the car updates it so much.

donkeylips

Not a huge fan of the chrome myself, just because it doesn't look like it was meant to be there to me. Sure, there is chrome on the car, and lots of cars have chrome door handles, but not in the shape that ours are in. Doesn't look too bad on the white though because it doesn't stand out much. Color matched looks pretty sweet, or freshly painted flat black imo. Just looks cleaner.

fuel

The chrome handles were on the cars which had chrome trim around the door window edges, rear window and around the tail lamps - I think with all that chrome it just looks over the top. I guess on a black car the stock black handles look like a colour match, but perhaps just the chrome handles by them selves would look alright on a black car.

mitsuturbo

Color match is what i'll do when i get the car painted, eventually.

I just keep seeing them at the junkyards and have wondered for years what they'd look like on a vr4. Now i know.

Quoting turbowop:
These aren't 50's Chevies and Fords. Leave the chrome for the classics. Color matched ftw.

Colormatched on white looks too washed out to me. Black handles on white looks the best in my opinion. Other colors, the matched looks good.

Chrome def doesn't go on white though.

USDM fuel door for the win.

turbowop

Meh. The whole reason I had my handles color matched back when I had the car painted was because of how good I thought Andre's Summit White car looked with them. To each his own I guess.

ozyvr4

Looks like the black or colour matched ftw. I would probaly like colour matched on any colour but white but as the chrome does not jump too much I think it works, but everyone has different taste.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned