The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

which galant vr4 do I have?

NVRacing

Sorry I am a new vr4 owner. It was the first car I ever wanted but I settled for a 2g dsm 12 years ago but now I have run down a gvr4 or a pair rather. I got one good car and one parts car. I intend to put both together but I would really like to know what number one of the cars is. It is missing the badge and it bums me out. I would like to have a new one made if I know what number to put. Other thing I would like to know is where to find a list of body parts and structural pieces I can get out of what cars. Thanks for the help!

AnotherNewb

You can pm iceman your vin number. If the car was previously registered on the forum he may have the original badge number. Otherwise you're SOL. There are no records linking vins to badge numbers. There is a replica key fob for sale in the classified section. You can have whatever number you wanted engraved on it and cut the key ring section off. Your only other option is to watch the classifieds for someone selling an original dash plaque but they are hard to come by and pricey.

Subframes and driveline parts, minus the driveshaft can be sourced from 89-94 AWD eclipse/laser/talons but beware there are some subtle differences such as the dsm rear subframe wont accomodate the RWS, the front motor mount is different and I believe the front knuckles have the mounting point for the outer tie rod moved slightly.

For body parts... other 6th gen galants however the door cladding and dog legs are unique to the VR4.

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

Diego

You're the one that bought the caged NB (jesse's old car) from Lincoln.

The Galant tanks are specific. So the GVR4 have their own tanks and can't use a DSM tank. So finding maybe a GGSX will do as well.
Door cladding is the plastic on the doors exterior, IE; Doglegs front and rear, side moulding trim.

Diego

Ps I'm in the Dirty Sioux if you ever venture this way

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned