The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I have a few questions

frankdeson

Its about my 93 galant es what makes a galant a vr4 i know real huge newbie question because i really have no idea if mine is a vr4 i know that i redid the valves valve seals timing belt and a few other small things sohc 2.0 16 valve so i would really like to know because i originally got the car to fix and sell because i got it for $400 and now i dont really want to sell it i like the car if i have it for longer i would like to know what the difference is between a regular galant also awd swap because i want an awd car and if its possible to do i dont have to buy another car so please help me out i feel like a noob this is only my second import project and its newer than my other import car so please please please you can call me dumb if you let me know

92_talon_awd

Galant VR4s have AWD, AWS, and are turbo from the factory with a 4G63 motor. They were only imported to the U.S. in 1991 and 1992. So yours being a 1993 isn't a VR4. Also, not trying to be a dick, but that is one huge sentence. Makes it hard to read and understand which means less replies.

Check this link out
click

Last edited:

prove_it

I'll buy your 93 headlights.....

FWD to AWD is next to impossible. The entire rear half of the car is completely different.

Last edited:

frankdeson

thanks i know you are not trying to be a dick. I was posting really fast because i had to run and pick up some parts for my other car. And i wasnt asking if mine was a vr4 i was just curious to know what differences there where such as the awd, turbo, and stuff. Because i wanted to know if there is any way to really do a conversion like awd or like motor swapping. But thank you for letting me know i really couldnt find an up to date forum to ask and get an answer some what quick. I really appreciate your reply.

prove_it

It's only possible if you have 100s of hours to spend welding two cars together. You'll need a tig welder, frame rack, a chassis rack to do all the work on, and extensive sheet metal work. You'll need a donor car too. In the end you'll spend more and work more than it's worth.

Everything is possible, but in reality your better off finding a true VR4.

coyotes

Sell it and get an actual VR4. Or better yet, drive what you got and don't care about cars, because they're expensive and frustrating.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts