The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wheel fitment pic thread

H05TYL

only one corner thus far due to rain, anyhoo, that's an 18"x9" +30 with a 235/40 - note: brake disc is not fitted pending some holes being drilled, so wheels will sit further out by thickness of the disc hat - guards will need to be pulled slightly, at present however it clears when the suspension compresses thanks to the camber gain.

2009_12115stud0008.jpg

2009_12115stud0009.jpg

2009_12115stud0010.jpg

fitment-1.jpg

fitment-2.jpg

Edit: last pic is cropped from a shot of the whole car, which is why it looks like it's got positive camber - it's actually quite neg (2/3rds on cusco camber tops)

Whoodoo

Rota Torque 17x8 45mm offset 245/45R17 bridgestone blizzaks. The rear rubber barely rubbed on the trailing arm, so I just ground down the seam a bit and now there's no problems. I have stock suspension, so I dont really have to worry about getting the tires to tuck, but with some camber, they probably would (turbowop's 1051 has 35 offset 17x8's that do). If I had purchased spacers for the rear to get them out to where the fronts sit, grinding the trailing arms wouldn't have been necessary.

pwrneeds90

All these wheels are pure sex on these cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Whoodoo

Thanks? I've grown in my appreciation for the look of the VR4 and the wheels do help it out a lot, but I don't think you could ever really call it a looker. But thanks for the compliment. When are we gonna see your wheels?

pwrneeds90

Well i have to get new tires and them and i havent decided which tires are best and i have to repaint them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

thecman02

Quoting turbowop:
To clear the tires he had to raise the perches on the coilovers to sit above them. Normally that would make the car sit rather high, but he moved the camber plate to above the strut tower in order for the car to sit lower. I'm still not convinced that's a great idea, but if it works out, I'd be tempted to do it as well to gain some travel on the front of my car.

In the rear, he had to grind down and weld the trailing arms to clear the tires. Having a large enough offset to tuck the tires also means pushing them into the trailing arms.

Hmmm. It sounds gimicky in the front but I guess if it works...

How long are you going to wait before you decide it worked out alright? I'll let take the plunge first haha.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned