The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What's your oil temp?

JDM_DSM

For those with oil temp gauges, what temperatures do you typically see?

vr4play

I think I usually see around 160-180 when cruising and I've seen upwards of 240 when racing at the track. I have a giant earls oil cooler and measure the temperature out of the pump.

JDM_DSM

Good to know. I installed mine into the oil drain plug, but I think the sender is recessed too much, since it seems to sit around 140, and even bagging on it I don't think I've seen it go above 170 or so.

JDM_DSM

Hmm, sounds like I should get a gauge with a colder range then. Mine starts at 140, which makes it kinda useless when the weather's cold; the needle hardly ever moves.

vr4play

Since it snowed here I drove the daily and with the outside temp around 24 Deg I was seeing around 140 Deg. I think my gauge starts at 100 and goes to 250.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned