The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VTA pulls harder than Recirc.

boostedinaz

Incorrect. He is truthful and to the point. There is NO more discussion on this. The car is simply not faster because he is venting, it's just not. No one here is going to go through all the correct (key word) testing to see if it really is because those of us with experiance already know the answer. On top of that just using a stop watch and doing some testing will have so many other variables that the test will be use less.

Venting is day one DSM stuff. Go to any DSM forum and search for venting and you will see just how beat down this horse truly is.

After I wash my car it feels faster, what type of testing should we do to make sure I am not just "feeling" it in my head? Perhaps something super scientific like have a buddy count in his head how fast it take me to get to 60 as soon as I'm done washing it, that shoule be iron clad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

steve

^ Agreed. There isn't even a "burden of proof" at this point. Its just complete nonsense.

2of9

on a dyno day...i think i should just test this out. might feel faster on the dyno

Brunoboy

Quoting AnotherNewb:
Quoting brunoboy:
i have a 2g maf, my car doesnt die between shifts or anything.

Hmm... what are you using to compensate for the 2g maf? A 2g maf will show lower air counts than stock making it run leaner, then venting to air would richen it back up... Maybe its not faster, just as fast as it should be.

I have a chip to compensate for my pte 880, and my 2g maf. I also have link that I havent put back in because I don't have the knowledge to tune myself. This is the sad part though, I know it isnt faster, but it really does feel faster, This is my third car with a 4g63T, I am not a newb, I just wanted to state what was going on.

Last edited:

turbowop

944d238f97084d9.gif

DR1665

OMGONOEZ. If you beat a dead horse sufficiently, the very fabric of time can be ripped, leading to all manner of time traveling memes! NOW look what you've done!

ibtl.jpg

Cthulhu fhtagn.

Quoting turbowop:
But you should realize that under acceleration, the BOV does nothing. If your car feels faster with it VTA rather than recirc'd, there is something else going on...or it's all in your head. This is like saying your car feels faster because you put a Greddy sticker on your intercooler pipe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

To be perfectly honest... I kept thinking about what could POSSIBLY make him feel that it's faster. I NEVER ONCE even realized the fact that the BOV is completely closed and there is ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER between venting and recirculating while the throttle plate is open. I honestly felt like a complete idiot when I read that post.

This post is actually just made to reiterate that fact. While accelerating, the BOV is closed, there should be no difference. Even if there was metered air escaping when you let off the gas a few seconds earlier, the computer has already compensated by the time you get back on the gas because the BOV was already closed as soon as it was done venting. The computer saw rich condition, leaned it out, then saw a lean condition and richened it up. (I could be wrong about the computer already compensating because they're so old, but I think it's still fast enough) The only way the BOV would be open is if there is positive pressure in the manifold. And since almost instantaneously after you let go of the gas there is vacuum there, it won't be open anymore. Therefore when you step back on the gas pedal the BOV is still closed just as it was the whole time before and there is no difference while accelerating.

Okay, unless I'm completely wrong, that wasn't so hard. Instead of just telling everyone they're wrong or beating a dead horse, just tell them the answer or at least tell them why and let them come to their own conclusion. I think it took me just a couple minutes to type this out. Besides, it's the Newbies forum. It's for people trying to figure things out.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned