The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VTA pulls harder than Recirc.

thecman02

Quoting turbowop:
I can't believe this is even a topic. Srsly? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

DA WOPPER HASETH SPOKEN!

Hahah Terry!

PPPSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH>pshhh

Tre3zy

Quoting turbowop:
I can't believe this is even a topic. Srsly? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Tre3zy

Quoting turbowop:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

2of9

this is how it should b done. should give you an addition 10+ psi to the tubro

ICsetup.jpg

end thread/

Last edited:

moduleunknown

Quoting 2of9:
this is how it should b done. should give you an addition 10+ psi to the tubro

ICsetup.jpg

end thread/

I don't think my car has a Pooost manifold, and is that a JDM IC pipe? Must be... yeah.

2of9

shits real yo. more air to turbo obviously equates to more boost coming into the turbro. plus, if you weld the mas onto the IC pipes, teh enginse should run/idle fine. as for the bov, i forgot to mention the turbo has to be Ball Bearing so it can take the pressureized air...

lol

Brunoboy

Quoting turbowop:

yea seriously.....to me it really does feel faster........im just saying.

turbowop

But you should realize that under acceleration, the BOV does nothing. If your car feels faster with it VTA rather than recirc'd, there is something else going on...or it's all in your head. This is like saying your car feels faster because you put a Greddy sticker on your intercooler pipe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Tre3zy

^ lol!!!!

Tre3zy

i say its the weather.... its a bit colder here lately.... and even that i dont feel a difference with my car....

AnotherNewb

Quoting brunoboy:
Quoting turbowop:

yea seriously.....to me it really does feel faster........im just saying.

Even though the FT's are going to be messed up it would be getting more fuel... But then again my butt dyno and precisely calibrated elbow torque wrench have been off before.

Put an atmospheric dump on it and it will really "feel" fast.

steve

Quoting turbowop:
But you should realize that under acceleration, the BOV does nothing. If your car feels faster with it VTA rather than recirc'd, there is something else going on...or it's all in your head. This is like saying your car feels faster because you put a Greddy sticker on your intercooler pipe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

This.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif to the external dump. If it's a sound effect issue, you'll really feel faster then, WOT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Muskrat

The ONLY thing I can think of, is better transient boost response. Aka, because the air in the intake evacuates completely, instead of being put back through to compressor, there's less resistance on the compressor wheel and it doesn't slow down as much, so it spools up after shifting a bit quicker.

Are you using a stock MAF? Because I'd expect the car to run like ass between shifts if you were, negating any slight performance increase you might feel. If you're running a GM MAS in a blow-through setup, or speed density, then you'll be fine from a running perspective. But I'm really doubtful there's be any real noticeable performance increase.

Saying it feels "faster" is a pretty vague description.

Brunoboy

i have a 2g maf, my car doesnt die between shifts or anything.

Andy_S

I think this discussion has reached the limit of hypothetical conclusions. At this point some actual measurements would be useful to determine if it is indeed faster. This would rule out the "In your head" part. Get a buddy with a stopwatch or go to a drag strip. Do a bunch of runs with it both vented and recirculated and get an average for both configurations. Many people are doubting it, but there is one way to tell for sure.

AnotherNewb

Quoting brunoboy:
i have a 2g maf, my car doesnt die between shifts or anything.

Hmm... what are you using to compensate for the 2g maf? A 2g maf will show lower air counts than stock making it run leaner, then venting to air would richen it back up... Maybe its not faster, just as fast as it should be.

turbowop

Quoting Andy_S:
I think this discussion has reached the limit of hypothetical conclusions.

No. After reading the last comment regarding the motor not dying while VTA with a 2gMas, it has reached the bottom of the tank as far as technical discussion. We argued this sh*t back in '01 or before. This horse has been exhumed just for m0ar beatings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

AnotherNewb

You've become a bitter, mean person. Who cares how beat to death the horse is, not everyone was on here in '01. Its just chatter, two pages of chatter, so atleast there is an interesting discussion going on.

If you don't like whats on TV change the channel.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned