The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Vr4 in the build from down under

bazeng

The intake manifold is a Hypertune unit.
The fuel rail is a Power flow unit.
click

They are decent rails.
I am using one on mine as they were in stock. I would have liked an AEM or HKS type one.
I needed to make some spacers to fit on our engine so it wasn't a straight bolt on.

VR42LT

Small updates as they are far and few between, there isnt alot i can say about them as a picture tells a thousand words. Enjoy guys.

Whoodoo

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Everything's so shiny! I guess you can never have too much chrome.

It's interesting you are doing this because you don't see a lot of that on japanese cars.

I like it - keep it up

Looks great, very clean, keep it up. Do you have fittings picked out for your air and fluid lines? I'm interested to see more of this build come together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

VR42LT

Its been a while between posts so here are some pics

New old stock from japan

Bling

Picked this up from a wrecker for $100 with the smallest of wear marks

ROTAMOTIVE RACING in Sydney is where my mates shop is.

Thermal GIZZMO gasket on with manifold

Motor

Thanks for looking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

curtis

slick and well done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Now one thing I noticed and don't want it to happen to you. At first glace I thought that was one of the ebay intakes from Thailand but after looking again looks to be billet pieces cnc cut then welded together and bolted as well. Not sure who made it but I've welded up a couple of the ebay ones where the ve stack plate welds to the plenum. For some reason they crack out more often than others. Intakes make killer power and one of my buddies has a 366 schwitzer and is running 106 to 107 in the 1/8 with it on a 1G talon. Maybe its being full cast or the fill rod they use or don't use. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Could be alot of different things but could also be the shape. I usually just clean, clean and clean somemore then cut out the old weld with a cut of wheel and weld back but I've always added a one inch wide piece of 1/8 inch thick 6061T6 in two places. One between 3 and 4 and one between 1 and 2. I just weld it on the plate between the runners then while its still super hot pull and bend then weld a stitch pull and bend and form it to wrap all the way around and back under and weld the other end just below the runners on the bottom. Like adding bands on a barrel. Don't know if it serves a purpose but does keep it from ballooning and just added insurance.

Oh your bling hurts my eyes its so clean.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

VR42LT

Thanks curtis, its not an ebay one mate its a HYPERTUNE manifold and TB it cost me $2400 AUD here is a link the quality is second to none. click

VR42LT

little update clutch and flywheel on an box in

All fab work happening soon.
Radiator and intercooler (PWR core), polished alloy piping, wastegate and screamer along with the dump pipe

GSX_TC

Dam this cars gonna be badass

VR42LT

More progress

dash fittings
img.php

twin thermo fans mounted onto radiator
img.php

Intercooler ready for mounting
img.php

DAMN /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif I can only hope my build can turn out to be anything close to how clean that thing is. Great work and clean up on the bay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

VR42LT

its been awhile since ive updated on this newbie thread, the car is abit of a forum whore so you have probably already seen the updates but here they are anyway

inside the airbox

cold air duct

BOV

some briaded line

hi flow cat
img.php

exhaust
img.php

oil catch can

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned