The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Vr4 in the build from down under

misterfixit

Quoting VR42LT:
Yeah the crank is billet the same material as the end caps all of it is cnc machined, the chrome wasnt a priority at the time but the bug hit me after i did a few little things and before i knew it i was unbolting everything to go to the chromer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

did you have the caps and mains line bored at the same time before the build? If not i'd seriously advise it, thats whey the maincaps and blocks are matched and id'd for location from the factory, or you'll get mega buildup of tolerances across the mains from one end of the block to the other.

rich

VR42LT

Quoting bazeng:
I believe PAR make the rods for MAGNUS.

As for the crank?? Not too sure.. unless it is the same story?!?!

Baz is there anything you dont know!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Yes it is a magnus crank and rod set up, and yes it has been line bored.

curtis

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

I'm moving to Australia its like everyone of you guys have a genetic trait or something in the water that creates insane builds. Maybe its because the water flushes in the wrong direction. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Badass for sure keep us posted

VR42LT

Hey Thanks curtis, you guys go alright over there too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Hopefully get the engine put together in the next couple of weeks so more pics for sure.

brisvr4

lol Scotty! I think Curtis might have been joking!

ozyvr4

Thanks Tim. Now I feel silly. How you been mate. Have you found the parts for the gearbox yet.

brisvr4

Good Scott /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I's going to buy them from Jacks mate. Just need to work out if I am likely to screw the bearings when I press them off!

curtis

You need to read more of my posts and post more yourself. Then you'll know when I'm talking the shitz. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

One thing for sure you guys have some awesome builds over there.

I think you guys should do a Australia / New Zealand thread and post pictures of all the cars there with members represented on here. Oh and add the build of the one guy with the tricked out drag car with the true flame paint job.

brisvr4

Not a bad idea Curtis! I just need to keep mine on the road long enough to actually get some pics! lol
I'll see if I can upload some vids of mine from the drags /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RedTwo

Unfortunately we're usually to laid back to get around to doing that kind of thing...
Or does that count as lazy? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

mrnvit

Quoting RedTwo:
Unfortunately we're usually to laid back to get around to doing that kind of thing...
Or does that count as lazy? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

where do i fit in my cars only vr4 powered /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

curtis

I'll go do it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

VR42LT

Little update. Its pretty much the standand way of doing a fuel system but here you go.

044 pumps, speed flow fittings and a 2litre surge tank.

VR42LT

These also came in today, more chroming

img.php

Front and side engine mounts, charcol canister bracket, clutch slave and hard line and a few other brackets.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned