The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Urethane mustache bushings & Urethane Rear Sub frame bushings?

PTLourenco

Urethane mustache bushings & Urethane Rear Sub frame bushings? Does anyone here have them on there street car & if so what does it do the ride quality? Just wondering if I should use them, or will my ride go to sh*t?

PreskitVR4

I noticed more feedback from the chassis. A few more noises, a few more bumps. Give and take just like any other mod. Its not that they are new, its just that they are noticable now.

DynastyLCD

i redid my entire rear subframe in my 1g with just about everything you could do, all at once.

- jayracing toe eliminator
- poly subframe/mustache bushings
- custom tubular upper & lower control arms
- poly sway bar bushings
- custom poly sway bar end links

between all that, and the k-sport coilovers... the car handles like a dream. definetly more noise/vibration feedback but the handling positives far outweigh it, IMHO.

boostx

PTLourenco if you want i can get you a softer one if you like. Just contact me if you want them.

pagosadsm

If you want a nice performing car.
My 92 Talon
front suspension
poly front sub frame bushings
steel lower control arm bushings
adjusted bump steel with heim joint tie rod ends
375lbs gound control coil overs
KYB struts
rear suspension
heim joint trailing arms
tubular upper and lower arms with heim and solid steel bushings
poly sub frame bushings
It is a DD with not any real increase of noise or vibration. I get more noise from my exhaust. It is a nice handeling car now. My next modd is installing Belstein HD inserts with custom housing for the front struts. For the rear Bilstein shocks with heim joints at both ends. I will be making a custom top mounting bracket
Rick

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned