The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GVR4 rear subframe into 1G TEL?

Kenny_Kline

I dropped the rear subframe out of the gvr4 today with intention to be able to use it in my Talon. Obviously the first thing that stocks out is the Talon doesnt have 4ws... or could it? LOL But I will remove the rear steering rack. The Talon also has a 4bolt rear end so I am assuming I can swap my 4bolt setup to this subframe that has a 3 bolt in it, correct?

I want to sandblast this subframe, powdercoat it, put new bushings in it, and swap into the talon with no down time other than a days worth of work. Will this go as I planned?

As I already stated, I plan to powdercoat the rear subframe, put in stock 4bolt rear diff, axles, cups, etc., thicker rear sway bar, new end links, new subframe bushings (mustache bushings, subframe bushings, control arm bushings) and toss it in the car.

What do you think?

THEKID

it is do able. i had mine powder coated and man what a big difference it makes. the rear bushings can be a pain in the a$$ to remove.

Kenny_Kline

Im not worried about doing the work. Just want to be sure it all bolts up ok.

I am actually looking to lighten up the rear subframe a little bit. These things are heavy! Any suggestions?

THEKID

yes it will bolt right up. and as far as i know there is no way to lighten it up other than removing the 4ws

SmoothCustomer

Well a TEL rear subframe will be lighter, but I'm guessing you know that and have a good reason for not just putting one in your talon.

Kenny_Kline

I am trying to prevent less down time. Just trying to swap the rear end subframe and be done with it. Not trying to have the subframe out of the car for months.

The gvr4 subframe is heavier because of the steering components that can be removed and thats it, right?

CutlassJim

Quoting Kenny Kline:
I am trying to prevent less down time. Just trying to swap the rear end subframe and be done with it. Not trying to have the subframe out of the car for months.

The gvr4 subframe is heavier because of the steering components that can be removed and thats it, right?

Yup.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned