The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Two Part Newb Question

desant78

Hello Gvr4.org

I am a newb in the middle of my first build. So as expected, here are the first two newb questions I have, probably to be followed by many more.

1. Do people keep the P.S. Oil Cooler line? This car will not have 4WS, so is the cooler still needed? Trying to fit a FMIC and I have thought about just relocating the line, but just want to know if I really need it.

2. The metal bar that the red arrow pointing to it, is the bottom bolt in the right place? (In red Box) It looks crooked, and the Oil Cooler was mounted where the other bolt hole is. This is my second gvr4 with the same bar bolted in crooked, so I am wondering.

thanks in advance for the feedback and the help with this build!

broxma

You can ditch the PS cooler line. It honestly isn't doing all that much if anything anyway. If you planned on building a track car, I'd get a different cooler.

The brace looks like it might line up better in the hole next to if there is one. As long as you don't remove the brace you'll be fine. If you do, the latch on the hood won't engage properly.

/brox

fuel

I'm fairly sure that brace is meant to be crooked, if you moved it over to the next bolt you may not be able to secure your grille back on with the securing screw. Personally myself I would relocate the power steering cooler line or run a small aftermarket cooler somewhere. My Jap spec has not one but two power steering cooler line circuits - surely they put them in for good reason.

DynastyLCD

the best thing you could do for the 4WS and cooler delete would be to get a 1g PS resivor, remove the cooler and just run straight lines to the PS. this has been done to plenty of GVR4's and DSM's without issue. i ran 73/1000 with it this way and no adverse affects.

as broxma stated, perhaps if you plan on road racing your car, or any other sort of track use besides drag, it would be beneficial to use an aftermarket cooler, as constant steering loads at higher RPM's could heat up the fluid enough to cause damage to seals/lines.

desant78

^these answers are exactly what I needed.

thanks for the help!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned