The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What am I going wrong? *throw out bearing*

maxash0775

What the heck am I doing wrong? See pic below. This is a brand new OEM clutch fork, brand new OEM throw out bearing and a brand new OEM clip. I am posting in newb section so hopefully I won't get laughed at to hard.

G

Staff member
Well you have to install it first or it won't work.

maxash0775

Haha. I guess I deserved that. What I was eluding to was, is that how the clip goes? Is it supposed to stick out like that. I read somewhere on here that the rounded part was supposed to go around the top of the bearing and was flush with it.

DynastyLCD

you should be able to slide the clip on the other side of the lip of the throw out bearing, so that it sits flush and moves with the throw out bearing. then you can lift the tabs over to go through the holes. hope that helps!

Correct, brings back memories I'd rather forget. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

maxash0775

Thanks dynasty and EMX. I was putting it in the sides first then trying to put it over the top with no avail. It is finally in there.

Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned