The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Newb to the forum. Just bought 675/1000

T3mp0r

Hello all,
I'm in NKY. I've been on the forums for about a month looking for a VR4. I ended up going to NC to pick up 675/1000. I have done some reading in the newb threads. I am a bit older and more reserved than your typical "ricer/honda" driver. So don't worry about another VR4 going to waste.

Overall the vehicle seems in decent shape for it's age. I think what I'm going to have to track down first is a stock suspension. Or at least stock springs. It's currently slammed. I didn't do this and I don't like it either. I believe the po said it has AGX's and Tein springs. Nothing seems to have been done about the rear camber either. So I'll get some pictures up soon. And I'll try to work my post count up so I can post for some stock springs and other parts I may need.

Jes

Jesus_Negros

Welcome to the darkside.

92_talon_awd

Welcome and let me know if you want to do a supsension swap. I want AGX's, you want stocks, we're fairly close. This could work. Lets see some pics

Welcome buddy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

T3mp0r

Thanks for the warm welcomes guys.

92 talon awd: I'm not opposed to meeting up or trading or whatever you'd like to do. Keep in mind I have no idea how many miles are on the struts/springs.

And as far as pictures I will post some up as soon as I can get them. I'm working on getting it registered at the moment. I had to over night the title and some paperwork back to the po for notarization. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

jnava

Staff member
Welcome, I think you'll find it interesting and hopefully you achieve your goals on this gvr4. Congrats and I'll be waiting for thos pics.

SmoothCustomer

Quoting T3mp0r:
Thanks for the warm welcomes guys.

92 talon awd: I'm not opposed to meeting up or trading or whatever you'd like to do. Keep in mind I have no idea how many miles are on the struts/springs.

And as far as pictures I will post some up as soon as I can get them. I'm working on getting it registered at the moment. I had to over night the title and some paperwork back to the po for notarization. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

The joys of buying an out of state car in KY. You don't *have* to have those forms notarized usually, but they will tax you on the NADA value if you don't, and it's probably a million times more than what you paid.

T3mp0r

Yeah I was unlucky. The local DMV I usually take my registrations to informed me that there was a form for state tax I needed to have the po sign and have notarized and also his signature on the title notarized. So if anyone is in the Kenton County area in KY take note. Have the title notarized and contact your local DMV for the proper forms or you'll have to wait to drive your new ride. Actually come to think of it, they did say that if I put insurance on it I could get a 30 temporary tag.

T3mp0r

Oh and pics are coming guys. I want to get as many as it sits just so you can see the condition I bought it in and see the steps I take to restore it over time. Be patient! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SmoothCustomer

KY only requires a notary on the actual title if the state you are buying it from requires a notary's signature. If you buy a car with a KY title in KY it doesn't need a notary's signature. You still want to get a VTR form notarized so you can pay taxes on the actual price paid instead of NADA value. As far as I know though, if you can't contact the seller there are forms for almost everything, including a seller's refusal to surrender the title.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned