The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Turbo question.

Is a 60-1 with a stage 3 wheel a good way to make 400 wheel horsepower? A friend is selling his for $500, which includes a ported 2g manifold. Before this came up I was considering going with a Holset hx35 with the mitsu bolt-on housing. Which of these turbos would be better for my goals? Or is there a better turbo that is priced similarly?

Other relevant information: I'll be tuning with DsmLink and running 93 octane, the car itself will mostly be a street car, hopefully seeing a few track days a year once we get a track near here.

Thanks in advance,
-Colton-

Olson

A 60-1 to me is huge lol it also = drag turbo. Go with the hx 35

A 60-1 compressor is just a compressor wheel. The t31 (t3 stage3 turbine wheel) will be hard pressed to reach the potential of the 60-1. The combination is what I ran for years. Before I bought a holset. The hx35 will do the same and spool about 400rpms faster with much, much better high boost efficiency than the 60-1 compressor wheel.

The later hx35 has a compressor that flows the same as a 60-1 compressor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned