The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tree Fell on Galant but still Going to Shootout

LIV4PSI

Glad to hear you are already sizing up the auto-x competition for the Shootout next year. Your roof didn't look bad at a glance in person. When I met you this year, I didn't correlate your car with this thread, and never noticed any roof damage.

thecman02

The dent from the tree wasn't too bad, it was mostly the massive amounts of scratches that bummed me out. The most surprising thing damaged from the tree is the glass. Lots of scratches in the windows. Wish I had the $50 glass replacement coverage, but that's only an option when you get full coverage through my insurance.

thecman02

click

Ran the Galant Saturday at the track. It was a little disappointing but I really wasn't planning on running. It was a spur of the moment thing since a few friends of mine went.

The video was a 12.4 run. Had a decent 1.7 launch, but I had a problem getting into 4th so it killed the run. I think it would have been good for a 11.

The second run that didn't get taped was 12.1 @ 118. Had a slower launch and some knock issues in 4th gear.

There were people scattering cars all over the place so I just called it a day. I think I could have gotten 11's on pump which would have been pretty good considering I have the awful bolt on housing s259. Next year I should be on a T4 1.00 TS and a magnus cast intake manifold.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned