The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tranny problem

The_Big_Weave

Having trouble getting the back of the tranny to sit flush. The bolt hole on the back is covered so I cant use that. any ideas? I am using the JDM switchable tranny if that helps at all.

The_Big_Weave

I was thinking if I unbolted what I have bolted so far and then tapped it with a hammer to see if I could get to slide onto the pin that would work. It is just having trouble sliding all the way on to the pin on the back of the motor.

14u2nV

yes, do that. Don't tighten it all till it's seated. You may have already oval'd out that pin though,, OR you may have the problem I had, and half of a pin is still in the hole where the current one is trying to go.

The_Big_Weave

I dont understand where the rear bolt hole is I only have 3 bolts in and the front is flush because it bolted together. The rear only has about an 1/8 of an inch before it is flush.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned