The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

track day...

tintoy

Hi guys, I just need some advice. I gonna run my car this saturday (drag), what is a good boost to run and also timing advance? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif thank you..

Whats your mods?

It also depends on your car.

When i had my old 1G stockish (just ported 2G mani/O2, small 16G, 2.5" exhaust, FMIC) i was able to do 14 lbs until i hit fuel cut. I didnt have the supporting fuel mods to run it past 14 lbs.

James

But his horsepower.... It would be over... 9000!!!!!!!

James

No fuel pump? Shouldn't push it very far then.

5OF2k

Quoting tintoy:
510cc, 2g maf, small 16g, 3" down pipe, rs fmic.

Any sort of logging capabilities? There are a TON of factors to consider when you talk boost levels and timing, all dependant on individual car setups, how healthy the engine/etc is, effective DA, octane rating, plug type, etc etc etc.

A general answer to your question can only be "as much as you can without damaging anything" because honestly, it varies a fair amount from car to car.

More details! As much as possible!!

-Jake

nemovr4

Quoting James:
But his horsepower.... It would be over... 9000!!!!!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
Well played sir.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts