The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Touch up paint

chucklesas

I thought this was posted on this board somewhere but the search didn't come up with anything. Does anyone know where I can get color matched paint in the spray can, or close to stock color? I want to do a touch up on my bumper.

a_santos

I got mine from Satan, for FREE. No joke, I had the guy mix up a nice little container, and then when I went to pay, he said don't worry about it. Very good match as well.

get the color # (printed on the inside of the doorjamb) and then go to any chain autopart place. advance auto had "summit white" mitsubushi paint, it was 3 bucks or so.

chucklesas

hmmm, when I was doing some rust removal last year I had taped off those stickers in the door-jamb. When I went to pull the tape off, the stickers went with them. Does anyone have that color code? I'll also check out the autoparts store to see if they just have summit white listed.

Hertz

Staff member
Paintscratch.com... this place rules and they have Obsidian black.
wink.gif

chucklesas

That was the one I was looking for... Thanks.

Edit: I assume Sophia White is probably the same as Summit White

Pepboys has "Summit White" and "Nile Black" . I just used Semi-gloss spray paint I got from Home Depot. Pretty damn close in my opinion.

Hertz

Staff member
quote:Originally posted by Charles:
That was the one I was looking for... Thanks.

Edit: I assume Sophia White is probably the same as Summit White
I believe so, just go by the color codes.

14bCrazy

quote:paintscratch.com... this place rules and they have Obsidian black. Didn't see Belize Green!!!
bawling.gif
bawling.gif

chucklesas

They got it Hannover Green Metallic Clearcoat G31
Thanks for the help guys...

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
quote:Originally posted by blacksheep:
Damn it, hertz beat me to the obsidian black!
tongue.gif
My stomach hurts!
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif

G

Staff member
This place is good as well. click

turbophein

I posted this a couple years back. Any local paint shop can mix real automotive paint in a spray can. Just bring your paint code. My local shops charges $19 a spray can for base coat. I did my belize green valve cover. Do a search I post all the info.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings