The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Time For A Colorado Meet?

Diego

You have Johns #... Give him a shout Im sure he's sitting on his front porch overlooking the mountains right about now, maybe with an ice cold Ice-Tea...

Galantvr4559

I started it up and let it run for 10 seconds or so and I believe it jumped timing. It sounds real bad. And cams are off from each other now. I am so screwed.

I hate to say it but it sounds like whoever did the two seals recently either a: reassembled the timing components incorrectly or b: reused something that should've been replaced (timing and/or balance shaft belt) or c: failed to recognize that the hydraulic tensioner was on it's way out. Regardless, the first step you need to do is pull the front cover, reset the timing, and do a compression test. We'll go from there.

Overkill

That is some serious suckage Brian! Do you know if your motor has balance shafts or not? Sorry if I you stated that and I missed it.

Galantvr4559

Timing belt, mech tens, hydrolic tensioner, idler pulley all replaced less than 10k ago. Still under warranty. No I dont have balance shafts. I think maybe oil pump siezed and made timing jump. But I am no expert. I am contemplating finding a motor to transplant.

Galantvr4559

When I had the seals replaced I had a new belt put on. If all this is caused by timing belt or stuff I had fixed it will be warrantied. I am not gonna mess with it. Im gonna let the shop I brought it to for timing stuff look at it.

Overkill

Good idea as I didn't realize you had things done at a shop.

Dark_Horse

I'd love to go to the meetup. The GVR4 may not make it though, since my ECU is fried. Am going to ship it out to Tom/Dave tomorrow, but I'm doubting that it'll be back in time for the meet next Sunday.

Overkill

Why not send your ECU to Bert Downing in CODSM as he is local and has fixed several ECU's for me.

Galantvr4559

So it looks right now that I wont be able to make it for the meet. The galant blew up sunday. Unknow whats wrong but will know more tonight.

Overkill

Ah, didn't know it was the actual DSMlink chip. Sorry to hear that!

Scott Y

I am planning on being there. I haven't had the car out to do anything this year, with work and house stuff and busy life stuff.

As an aside, I plan on going to the next Golden Supercruise which is on Sept 3rd. If you haven't been, there are hundreds of cars and it is quite an amazing show. The only GVR4 I've ever seen there is my own. Good times.

Ok, so far I've got:

Desmond (OkayPlayer)
Diego
Scott Y
(and another Scott, maybe the same one, I don't know)
My buddy Travis who doesn't frequent the forums, but owns a 92
Steven (biglady112)
David (dlesser) +1

Maybes:

Bryan (Galantvr4559)
Chase (makedollarz)
Dark_Horse

Unknowns:

John (toybreaker)
Overkill
LukeFrazier
GeorgeBillings

Last edited by a moderator:

Diego

Justin if your free come up and help something is awry, and I'm having complications... ill pay or buy you some TB.

Edit I don't have my phone just email me.
[email protected]

Last edited:

Diego, i'd love to. But i'm sitting in the springs outside of Jack's trying to pick up my clutch and flywheel that was supposed to be done tuesday, wasn't and then today, and it still isnt here. I'm being told six pm.

Diego

Yucky. I bought a smaller diameter bolt installed it and i have no gear, reverse will grind but I didn't force any gear to make sure it would still be safe... I'm out of ideas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The transmission has 3 rubber vent tubes in the bell housing pull out the center 1 and look inside you can see the throw out bearing and you can see the clutch look for damage

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned