The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

this ecu repairable?

ou812

Hey all,
New on this board, but not to vr4's and dsms. I know the entire story about changing the capacitors in the ecu's, but my Galant has a pretty serious burn in the board, and one of the other components has apparently discharged/exploded! What are the chances of:

1. Getting this ecu repaired?
2. If repairable, whom, and where?
3. If not repairable, where to get another VR4 ecu????

thanks in advance guys,
Jeff

tsiboy

test your isc before throwing in a new/repaired ecu in your car. That kind of failure is usually caused by a faulty ISC.

here is a video on how to do it.

click

OMFGeofffff

It should be repairable. I have that same little mark on the inside of my ecu case /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Here is what mine looked like. I sent it to Terry Posten and he fixed her all up. That reminds me i sent him an ecu a week ago and I forgot to call him.

BrandonEchols

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif"We don't drink Keystone light in the PNW".

Terry Posten

All depends on how hot the circuit board got.

If the board itself cooked, it is very hard to fix. If the board is solid, it is fixable.

turbowop

Quoting BrandonEchols:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif"We don't drink Keystone light in the PNW".

Keith Stone don't live 'round here.

ou812

thanks guys for the input...will be sending the ecu to Terry for him to check out and possibly fix. I will also check out the isc on this car, and see if it needs replaced...guessing it might....and I have a couple lying around....

thanks,
Jeff

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned