The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The ultimate street galant in the making? Cheekychimp's

Quote:
So how do you revitalize an old switch panel like this with some new switches ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

First of all, you need to cut those useless coin holders out and put something more functional in them ...

Then a little bit of work with a stanley knife and a drill and voila ...

what are they for?

Tee

from left to right:
-turbo boost
-passenger seat ejection
-driver seat ejection
-trajectory
-oil slick
-martini dispenser
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

quasimondo

What? No Turbo Boost?

Kr_tb.jpg

Last edited:

4orced4door

Quote:
That button is made of unobtainum

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

number3

Quote:
which one is the button to call TRE and have someone pick up? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have a Mitsu trans box for sale.

number3

"Shipping box" to be more specific...

cheekychimp

Harry,
I think Al meant 'pick up as in the phone. I think this is a busy time for Jon and he's busy working on transmissions hopefully one of which is mine.

Al,
What did Jon say about switching to standard ratios with the GGSX final?

Paul.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I called him twice in the last three weeks and he answered the phone both times.

number3

I don't understand the problem here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I talk to him [Jon] all the time. What do you need?

Harry

Larry Parker

Jon is a busy ass dude! If you have ever been to his shop the phone rings off the hook!! You have every crappy TEL and VR4 boy calling him up to tell him storys on how there car will be SUPER fast and needs a tough trans..... He has my box right now and I never call.... Just email..... remember its only Jon and Ming that build boxes....

LP

cheekychimp

Quote:
I don't understand the problem here.

I talk to him [Jon] all the time. What do you need?

Harry

Harry,

Well if you can get hold of Jon, the 'problem' if you can call it that is that the RS gears Teet provided me with are giving some problems with the fitment of the intermediate shaft and 1st and 2nd aren't quite as strong which is giving us worries over launching the car and busting 1st.

I've looked back at the gear ratios thread we had a good discussion on earlier and using Paul's excel program I ran the ratios for a set of standard US spec gears with the GGSX final. The ratios aren't dramatically different in terms of speed in each gear with the exception of first which will now only run to 44 at 7500 rpms. Other than that speeds are reasonably comparable up to 4th gear.

So basically as long as the ratios are correct and I haven't messed up the calculations, I want to ask Jon if we can go with US spec gears which are stonger, use the RS shift forks and rails, use the taller 5th gear ratio I sent him for highway use and mate the GGSX final drive. I also want to know if double synchros on 3rd and 4th will improve durability and if so add those.

He spoke to AL about exchanging RS gears for standard ratios or billing me for new gears and sending the RS gears back for re-use. I can accomodate either solution.

I also need the bill so I can arrange transfer of funds as he won't accept paypal from me overseas. That's about it ... oh and remind him I want an EGT probe and magnetic engine drain plug.

Al's going spare so if anyone can get anyone at TRE help us out. Cheers.

Jas I'll PM you tonight, we need to get some stuff to Alex for the 4 bolt fitment and I need to discuss shipping methods.

I appreciate this guys ... you are all THE BEST !!!

cheekychimp

This little Dude ...

had nothing to do this afternoon so he came up here ...

... and this was the result.

I'm not sure that the photos really do it justice but to try and show the difference, here is a before and after pic

Before

After

It might be overstating it a bit to say it all looks new, because the trim is still 12 years old and has it's fair share of scrapes and scratches, but the difference is night and day all the same. Some of the B-pillar pieces were so faded they were almost white !!!

I'll post some pictures of the door trims and dashboard when I've done those. I think if the fabric dye works on the grey seats and headliner as well as this plastic dye did on the trim, the inside of the car will look pretty clean ... stock but clean.

Paul.

curtis

Damn it boy that looks good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts