The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Temp gauge stopped working

Boos929

Temp gauge stopped working today what should I look for that would cause this problem ?

MellowVR4

probably an old sensor, single terminal sensor on the thermostat housing.

Boos929

Is that the sensor that wired into the top of the thermostat ?

MellowVR4

No, its just a one wire connector, not sure if its in the front or rear of the housing. lower portion of the housing.

Boos929

A small 1 wire black connector ? I have one not connected but can't figure out where it would go

MellowVR4

i cant remember if its black ot not, i thought it was yellow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif cant rmember tho.

MellowVR4

im pretty sure it the sensor next to the coolant temp sensor which is a two pin sensor.

ktmrider

Sensor #1 below:

img.php

desant78

and to clarify, since your temp gauge stopped working, you are looking for sensor number 1 on the above.

I'd check if it's connected/if the wire broke. I had a few miles on my car before all those wires fell apart from vibration and being so old.

Good luck!

ktmrider

^^ LOL I guess the first line, "Sensor #1" was not clear enough?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Boos929

thanks think i found the issue the sensor has a small black plug on it and other have of plug isnt connected tryed to get it back connected but got to damn cold out will try again tomorrow thanks again for the help

desant78

Quoting ktmrider:
^^ LOL I guess the first line, "Sensor #1" was not clear enough?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ya never know! Those arrows could confuse a guy, ya know lol honest i didnt read the first line.....oops!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned