The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

suspension bushings

Brunoboy

I have 221,xxx miles on my car, and I know for sure that none of the bushings or endlinks have been replaced. I just got the BC Coils and I want to replace all the other weak links. What is everyone running for Front and Rear Bushings and Sways? How does it handle for you ? and what Endlinks are you all using?
-shane

SouthCaliVR4

I'm in process of replacing all my suspension & sub-frame bushings along with upgrading front & rear sway-bars myself.

The two front sub-frames & all suspension bushings I got from energy. The sway-bar bushings came with the bars, fronts seem to require some mods to make work. I haven't quite decided how I'm doing that yet. & rear sub-frame/moustache bushings I got from Curtis here on the board.

The rear sub-frame bushings cost was higher than the rest combined, limited production = higher cost.

I have also eliminated rear steering rack & passive rear toe.

Unfortunately I am rather a ways from done. waiting on sub-frames & other suspension parts to come back from powder coater. she should handle very well though with all that & a proper alignment.

I am also installing poly motor mounts & drive shaft carrier bushings & hope to talk Curtis into making me a set of his sub-frame connectors. I have fabbed up rear strut bracing & have a plan to do a similar type deal up front & ditch the e-bay strut tower brace.

Then I'll make the transition to coil overs & wider wheels/tires to finish her out.

As for sway bars, if you cant find whitelines (what i have front and rear) you can use an rmdsm rear bar if you have 4ws eliminated. I think there is something different about the bars made for 1g dsms because they don't have the pump back there. I put one on 1101 after removing the 4ws, and I had one on my talon and gsx.

click

click

Andre (grocery getter) at Pina motorsports makes some rear upper adjustable arms. As a matter of fact they are right on the front page.

click

Whiteline also makes bushings.

click

Tunersnation also has suspension bushings on their site.

Endlinks, I personally would buy oem.

Oh yeah, as for handling with these parts, effing awesome. You'll notice a huge difference on turn in and body roll. No plowing, plenty of oversteer if you want it.

Last edited by a moderator:

grocery_getter

I have RMDSM rear swaybar with the 4ws 4 bolt rear end. Installed that at least 12-13 years ago. The RMDSM rear bar fits with the rear steering rack in place.

Ok good to know. Although with that thick bar and 4ws that could be dangerous. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif got oversteer?

grocery_getter

On demand throttle oversteer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Brunoboy

I have the 4ws deleted at the rack , lines and pump all connected. What is a RMDSM sway? Never heard of it before.
-Shane

Quoting grocery_getter:
On demand throttle oversteer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif hell yeah.

Shane, rmdsm is a company that used to have an office and warehouse in Scottsdale az. I actually picked up my bar from them back in like 2003ish. Now though I don't know what happened to them. Maybe someone bought the rights to their product. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4thStroke

I think he means RM Racing click

Also, the Whiteline caster bushings should be considered.

If you are looing for even more response in the twisties, weld up the rear active toe. It promotes understeer, welding up the trailing arms will keep it solid back there.

curtis

Kenny figured out that a set of front subframe bushings also work in the front cross bar. There's a thread on it somewhere maybe in tech and from the question above yes I can still make the subframe connectors. Just trying desperately to sell off all this stuff around here and catch up.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned